2021 is my year
2020 pushed, pulled, and stretched me to the point of breaking, and like I mentioned in another blog post that I wrote, it’s actually made me not take things for granted as much. Usually I don’t do the things I want to do because I’m the one stopping myself, either from fear and anxiety, or because I just assume that I can do it at any other time, however, last year taught me a big lesson. Being stopped from doing all the things I would usually do, and all the things I wanted to do, frustrated me and made me realise that life can be short. It’s a privilege to be here on Earth and live the way we do, and I should stop letting the anxieties in my head hold me back. Things have taken a turn for the worse again, and we’ve gone back into a national lock down for 6 weeks, so I’m still being stopped from my goals, but I’m not taking anything for granted, and as soon as things open up properly, I’m not waiting. I’m going to push myself into starting my life properly, not coasting, opening myself up, and living the year that I have dreamed of.
Here are 6 goals of mine that I am going to achieve this year:
- Remember my dream of going to the United States? It’s been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. I have always been afraid of flying, so I’ve never been on a plane, but this is the year I am getting on a plane by myself and flying to the USA! I’m going to my adoptive home! My fear is much less these days as I’m so focused on going there now, and making my dreams come true! Visiting my friends and seeing different states in the best country in the world!
- I have always been conscious of my teeth. I have never liked how overcrowded or wonky they are, and I’ve already been to an appointment with an orthodontist here to discuss Invisalign. Those are the clear, retainer style braces if you were wondering. So, this is the year that I finally get braces and straighten my teeth! It’s something I should have done a long time ago, but I didn’t know that you didn’t have to have teeth pulled out for Invisalign and that it works well on overcrowding. I can’t wait to start that journey! It’s super expensive, but it’s going to be worth it!
- This is also the year that I’m starting voice work. I’m not sure how at the moment, but I want to do voice overs for audio books, adverts, and possibly cartoons! That has been a dream of mine for so long too, and I’m making it happen! I’d even love a part as an extra in Bridgerton season 2 as well.
- I am represented by a manager/agent now, who is wonderful, and I can’t wait to see where things go with her. Only good things are to come and we have been working together on a lot of different aspects that I want to achieve with my work/blog. I’m excited to see where this goes! Growing my business is definitely a must this year!
- This is the year that I focus on myself. I haven’t been single in over a decade and I’m trying to get to know myself a lot now. Which is working really well. I’m really starting to get an idea of what I like and don’t like, what I’m looking for and more. 2021 is the year to focus on myself for a change and see what happens!
- At the end of the year, I’m going to start thinking about my clothing line too! It’s always been a goal of mine to have my own clothing line. It was originally going to be denim, as I wanted to do years ago, but I want a full clothing line. It would be clothes that I love and wear myself, so you can imagine leather jackets, knitwear, jeans, tees, and skirts! I definitely want to branch into footwear too, so it’s time to start working on that once I’m more settled!
Now of course, all of these things do depend entirely on the Covid 19 situation and how that is still effecting us this year. Whether or not we can fly on planes to other countries, whether or not we still have to social distance, quarantine, etc., but if things are mostly back to normal and functioning well, these are my goals. I did honestly think that I would be getting married very soon, and potentially looking to start a family, and buy a home, but those things haven’t worked out as they were planned to, so I’m only making yearly goals for now that are directly related to me! I still do obviously want to get married and have a family, but that will come in time. What are some of your goals for 2021? Lorna xx.