Would Your Life Movie Go Straight To DVD?
I saw this question pop up on an advert on TV and it was one of the few that actually got me thinking. Usually I’m not so interested in adverts and want them to be over so I can carry on with my show, but this one really triggered a thought process for me. It got me wondering if a movie about my life would go straight to DVD or if it deserved a cinema release. What would you say about yours? I wouldn’t know what genre to put mine in as I have been through a lot in my 25 years on this earth, ranging from the lows of depression, anxiety, lack of confidence, phobias, health issues and pain right up to the highs of feeling happy, experiencing new things, having love, feeling a sense of achievement and worth and everything else in-between.
I wouldn’t say I have had a very exciting life at all though as I find comfort in my routines and normality. I’m often afraid to take risks as my worries and anxiety often get the better of me and prevent me from doing things, but it’s something I have been working on for ages. I would say that there are only a few rarer occasions that I’m able to push myself and do something I really want to at the moment. Like in June when I travelled by train all the way to Italy from my home town of Bath here in England. The travelling was a nightmare and somewhat of an awful experience, but I still did it and I am proud of myself when I don’t let my anxiety get in my way.
The main thing it got me thinking about though was the things I want to achieve in my life. I have been much too afraid to attempt some of my dreams, but a lot of the time now I am fed up with not living my life the way I want to because I’m putting a mental block on myself. I am in a much better place mentally and physically now so I am trying to change my thought processes around. Anyway, I thought I would make a list of my dreams and the things I want to do in life as I need to make it more interesting and fun.
8 Dreams I Want To Achieve
– Go to Disneyland Paris. This has been a dream of mine since I was little. I can either go by train, but it would mean staying over in London for a night before catching the early direct train to Disneyland, or I can fly there. My boyfriend and I have been thinking about going though, I would love to around Christmas time to see the pretty lights, but it is really expensive! Have you been to Disneyland before?
– Fly on a plane. I recently went to the doctor and he said that I would be able to fly if I took a course of medication for 6 weeks before the flight and only went on a short flight, however I am still petrified of getting on a plane. It’s a fear I have so much, not just from crashing and dying, but because of being stuck somewhere I can’t get out of if I need to and being cramped with random people I don’t know, as well as the experience of actually being in the air. It’s something I am working on at the moment. I am thinking of flying to Edinburgh or Paris, just a mini short trip to get used to it, but I’m scared about that too. Are any of you scared of flying? Or were you scared of it and aren’t now? I feel like it’s something I need to do in order to go to places that I want to go to. It’s going to be an incredibly frightening experience and one I am going to have to push myself to do, but I think I really need to do it.
– Go on holiday. I am always working on blogs and doing so many other things that I never think about going on a proper holiday. Unlike Disneyland, I mean a holiday which would be relaxing, a time to unwind and find myself a bit more. Somewhere stress free and beautiful. I’m always worried about this though as I am somewhat of a workaholic.
– Get Engaged and Married. This has been almost every girls dream since they were little, but I’m not that type of girl who is obsessed with marriage and wanting a huge white wedding. Granted I did think I was going to marry Prince Harry and be a princess when I was little, but now I like marriage purely because it symbolises your love for one another. I’ve always loved the idea of being proposed to and getting engaged though. There’s a particular ring I have been in love with since I was 14 and have always wanted. I only believe in it if it’s right though and you truly know one another. In terms of this being one of my goals, I don’t mean it for the immediate future, but mainly for when I am in my 30’s, I would like to get married and have a small little wedding then, nothing too flash!
– See the Aurora Borealis lights. This has always been a dream of mine too. I’m not sure if it’s one that can actually come true, but I would like to think that it possibly could. The idea of amazing rainbows in the sky just fascinates me. You know I already love space and how everything works in the world is amazing, so seeing the Aurora Borealis lights would be such an incredible, yet surreal dream!
– Walk the Red Carpet. This is probably something else that wont ever happen, but it would be one of the most incredible dreams of mine to walk the carpet. I would be happy with it being just a little movie premiere, as long as I got to walk it. I was invited to be on the red carpet once at the Teen Choice Awards in Los Angeles, but I was given 2 days notice and never even had a passport, so it didn’t work out. I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed though, one day! Ha ha.
– Go to Los Angeles. I am hoping that once I learn to fly, I might be able to make the 10 hour trip to Los Angeles, particularly Hollywood, at least once in my life. Again it’s always been a dream to go to LA and a lot of my online friends as well as people I work with on a daily basis are from LA. Not to mention over the past few years it’s become the home of premium denim! It’s definitely one of the places I want to go though. It would just be a dream come true!
– Be in a Movie. I put this one last as it’s probably the most unrealistic dream of mine. When I was younger I applied to be an extra in two movies, one of them had the go ahead, but the filming got cancelled so I couldn’t be in the movie. I have filmed a college project for one of my friends many years ago too, which won her an award, but I have always wanted to be in a movie. It’s something that would have to happen in the future though when I had gained confidence as I’m not entirely sure I would be able to be 100% comfortable on camera at this point in my life.
Of course I have other dreams I would love to achieve, like more collaborations with brands, getting to design my own clothes, being featured in amazing magazines etc, but I didn’t think they should be ones that I included in my list. I would love to know your thoughts on this subject though! What are some of your dreams that you would like to achieve? I would love to know!
Written by Lorna Burford – Some images courtesy of Google Images.
wowwwwww i like so much this post honey ;))) would u like to follow each other honey???? i will follow u back everywhere. thanks for your comment on my blog. you are the best!
blog : http://honeyandcotton.org
Thank you 🙂
Keep your dreams alive! 😉
I plan to 🙂
I think that whatever you wish for and dream of – if you believe in it very very very deeply and truly, it will happen! It’s all in your head and if you once start acting like the dream can be real, it will happen. It’s like pablo picasso said – everything you imagine is real. 😉 I hope you get rid of your problem with flying and you can achieve anything you want in life!
Thanks Epp 🙂 I know what you mean, believing is almost half way there to achieving!
I’m 100% sure that I would go straight to DVD LOL! One day though LA will happen, I know it will!
The Purse Snatcher
I truly hope so!!
SUPER LOVE THE OUTFIT 🙂
love reading your blog, It’s very refreshing and genuine and I really appreciate that 🙂
anyway, would you like to follow each other?
SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
Thank you 🙂 I think you might have left this comment on the wrong post though 🙂
Your goal is to travel over here and mine is to travel over there! 😉
Reminds me of one of my fave movies…The Holiday LOL.
I LOVE The Holiday 😀 It’s my favourite movie!!!!
Great minds I tell ya!!
Definitely! Ha ha!
My life would be lucky if it even went straight to DVD lol!! As for Disneyland paris, forget it. Be brave and take the 9 hour flight to Disney World Orlando. I don’t like flying but Orlando is more than worth it. No one does Disney like the Americans. It will blow you away. Honestly, it’s awesome.
That would have to be a dream for sometime in the distant future I think lol, I definitely wouldn’t be able to do that anytime soon. Especially not with the cost of it, I can barely afford a couple of days at Disneyland Paris lol. That needs a lot of saving for in itself!
It is an expensive holiday whichever one you choose, but when you take absolutely everything into consideration, there’s not really much of a difference in price. The extra cost for Orlando is worth it. I’m working hard so I can take my 2 little girls back in 2 years!!
I think there might be a huge difference, isn’t a flight to Orlando like £1000? I’m struggling to get the £400 for a 3 day break in the Paris one, ha ha.
Haha!! I’ve priced for our trip (3 adults+2kids) £7500. That’s return flights, villa for 2 weeks, 7 seater car hire, 14 day UNLIMITED access to ALL 6 Disney parks in Orlando, 14 day access to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica, AND a special day at Discovery Cove (only 1300 visitors per day and you must prebook) swimming with dolphins!!! I’ll only need to pay to enter Universal Studios. The food is very cheap over there and there’s great shopping at the outlet malls and the Florida mall. You’d love it!!! It’s very difficult to save up I know but, to fulfil a dream? And for me to see the smile on my kids’ faces again? Can’t really put a price on it lol!!!
Wow lol, I reckon that would take me like 6 years to save for, ha ha! You are very lucky! It sounds like an amazing holiday! Especially the swimming with dolphins part, incredible!
This was such a wonderful post! I think all of your dreams are totally achievable. Always think positively. As for flying, I am NOT the biggest fan and I suffer anxiety too – mainly in the form of omg I’m gonna die and / or what if this plane falls out of the sky (lol) and I don’t like being in a situation I can’t get out of. However, once you start to see all of the different places in this world, then the plane ride is just a small hurdle you have to jump over. Every time I travel, I realise that this world deserves exploring. Like you said, start small. But honestly, you might find a longer flight more comfortable – firstly, the planes are bigger and thus smoother. Secondly, there’s usually decent in-flight entertainment like movies etc. And thirdly, well, you’ll get used to the feel of the plan. For me the turbulence is the worse, but I just try to imagine that the plane is on a big highway in the sky and sometimes highways have little bumps in the tarmac haha
Sorry for writing so much! You should definitely be proud of where you are and what you’ve achieved. Nothing is too small for mentioning 🙂
Don’t apologise Saba 🙂 I always love your comments, they are always heartfelt and you actually read everything I write, so your type of comments mean the most to me! I’m glad I’m not the only one with flying issues, I think it’s so scary! My boyfriend does too, he’s afraid of crashing, so it doesn’t help my nerves all the much ha ha. You might be right about a longer flight being more comfortable, I just thought a shorter one would be easier because as soon as I get on it, I can get off not long after, ha ha.
Aw you’re so sweet Lorna! I love hearing about your life because it’s amazing how much you have built for your self through your dedication, perseverance and passion. Flying IS scary! I always think it’s so unnatural for us humans! haha and you’re right, at least with short flights, it’s over before you know it!
One thing you said which I really liked was how you are just fed up with the mental block you put on yourself. This is great motivation. I think after a while we get frustrated at being our worst enemies but that is what pushes boundaries.
I can’t wait to be reading about your adventures – sometime very soon I’m sure! 😀
Yeah, I have been feeling that way for a while now, annoyed at the constant thoughts in my head of ‘no you can’t do that because of this, this or that’ or ‘what if this goes wrong’ etc. It’s annoying, but you are right, it means I’m attempting to break away from it and push myself. For so long I was constantly thinking about what if this goes wrong on the trip to Italy and why on earth am I doing it? If I am being honest, I had a small mini breakdown on the sleeper train and just wanted to get off, I cried a little bit, but I pushed through it and I am so glad I did. Things are always so hard when you are scared of them, but I can’t let fear rule my life anymore because it stops me doing the cool things I want to do, so I’m hoping things will just keep getting better the more I do them 🙂 Thank you by the way for being so nice to me all the time! You are a great person!
I know it’s easy to say, but try not to get annoyed at yourself 🙂 even the most confident of people have doubts, but sometimes they fake it until they make it haha 😉 I’ve been trying to instill that kind of attitude in my life too, because I stop sometimes and think omg what if I can’t do it?
And I think it’s totally normal to be anxious about a long train journey, for an event that meant a lot to you. Crying is good! Just let it out! And yes, you are SO brave for going through with it! Things will get better, because you work hard for things and you strive for self improvement. And that’s all any of us can do really! 😀
You’re so lovely Lorna! I’m not that great haha I’m just speaking what I observe 🙂
Have a fab eve! It’s bed time for me – I have work in the morning lol!
PS loving the autumn leaves on the screen! What a great touch! xxx
Thanks Saba! Glad you like the leaves too, I was thinking they look really Autumnal! I think I might go with rain drops in November and then snowflakes in December 🙂 Have a nice day at work tomorrow 🙂
I totally agree with this…when I look back on my travels (military spouse with family all over the U.S.), the most comfortable flights HAVE been the longer ones! They tend to take better care of you for sure!
That’s really interesting to know actually, that they are the better ones!
I like your dreams <3
My creation! Totally handmade 😉
Red head’s Blog | Facebook page | Red head on Instagram! | Follow me on Bloglovin!
Thank you 🙂
I love you pictures! And you just gave me a wonderful inspiration for Christmas…Thank you! Also i am following your blog now! *wink
Oh I’m glad, what idea was it?
All of these dreams are achievable Lorna, each and every one. You are already doing the right things, I never dreamt enough, the only thing I feel I would like to do is visit the Lake District, and maybe be fortunate enought to have a holiday by the sea once a year, as I dearly love the sea. Keep your dreams alive Lorna, you have made them, make sure you achieve them xx
Thanks ali! I do think it’s the small things that count like the little holidays!
Disney would be amazing wouldn’t it! 🙂
It would be incredible 😀
i love those words
believing is almost half way there to achieving!
ur perfect fan
Thank you Kory!
Amazing post Lorna! If you ever feel like seeing the northern lights, we have those here in Finland. I remember seeing them two times, so beautiful. I hope you’ll be able to fly on a plane someday and go to holidays, I can’t imagine how difficult it is for you to travel.
I think Finland looks like a beautiful country. Where did you go to see them? They sound amazing!!
I can relate to everything you said in this post! I suffer with anxiety as well and as I get older, I feel it getting worse! All of your goals are amazing and I definitely think you will achieve most, if not all, of them as you seem to be the type of ambitious person who works hard and achieves great things 🙂
Fortunately, I have done a few of these things so far… I’ve been to Disneyland in LA several times since it’s only a few hours drive away. And although I’m TERRIFIED of flying and the thought (again, as I’ve gotten older), I refuse to let it stand in my way completely. I first took a plane ride when I was 5 to Hawaii and obviously had no idea about any “dangers” of flying over oceans and stuff like that. The next time I took a plane was too San Diego/Texas when I was 19. I’m about your age now and I have such a huge desire to visit the UK but since it’s been years since I’ve been on a plane, well, I’m SCARED!! But I know I would never forgive myself if I didn’t go just because of my fear of flying.
I really need to step out of my comfort zone as well because I’ve been so unsatisfied about my current lifestyle/choices- I need to live more because I’m constantly feeling an emptiness like “is this all that life is about?” …. hopefully we can both face our fears and accomplish great things someday! 🙂 xx
I loved reading your reply! It’s always nice when someone has something similar 🙂 I definitely am ambitious, but I do get stuck in that rut where I am just bored and want to do new things. It would be amazing if you managed to face your fear and come here! I wouldn’t recommend winter time though, definitely come here around July/August as it’s a bit warmer and it doesn’t rain as much. Most of the other months it’s raining all the time 🙂